Corporate social responsibility
Corporate social responsibility is important to Heartwood. Along with our employees, we take a keen interest in our responsibility to the environment and the communities in which we operate.
We are committed to minimising the adverse impact we have on the environment, and the practical steps we take include:
- encouraging as much recycling as possible in our offices;
- reducing the amount of paper we waste by default printing, where possible, to double-sided;
- positively encouraging employees to think twice before printing emails;
- making use of video conferencing to help minimise business travel between our offices; and
- limiting our energy consumption by, for example, ensuring that all our PCs automatically switch off at a certain time in the evening.
Although we receive a wide variety of requests for charitable donations, we focus on charities connected to the communities close to our offices.
We sponsor at least one major employee-related charity event per annum and several of our Directors hold senior positions within charitable entities.